Sunday, April 1, 2007

Belkin Hubs for Desks

I saw the iPod dock version of these a couple days before I saw this article at Engadget. At first I just thought it was yet another iPod accessory, but after thinking about it, I’ve concluded that this line of computer hub accessories from Belkin is a damn good idea.


How often do you see someone with a computer and their desk in a work environment? Just about anytime you look at an office desk. Well how often do they actually make use of the holes build into desks to route cables? Not very often. Belkin’s new USB Hub (and iPod dock) line of products makes use of these unused holes, to give the customer plenty more USB ports.

I find it hard to explain just why I like these products, I just do. They take the clutter away from your computer and make use of space more efficiently. Their design is simple but attractive, and they’re doing something I’ve never seen done before. These products haven’t hit shelves just yet, but you can expect to see them fairly soon at $39.99 a pop.

No comments: