Thursday, March 1, 2007

I don’t like your iTude, Mister

I swear I’ve seen these floating around before, but now that I have an outlet to complain about them, and they were recently featured on The Unofficial Apple Weblog, I’ll complain about them. They are neon headphones, called iTude, for use with your iPod.
The cables are connected to a battery pack (2 AAA) and they glow to the beat of your music. The idea is pretty cool, but it’s the execution that bogs them down in my mind.



From the photo, comparing the size of the headphones which appear to be normal Apple ear buds, with iTude graffiti’d on them, to the battery pack, it seems that it is far from small. In fact it appears as though it would rival the size of an iPod Nano. It’s just one more thing to stuff in your pocket while you’re on the go. Plus, because the cable that connects it to the iPod is short, you would have to take it out of your pocket every time you wanted to change a song.

Finally one last nitpick, the ear buds used in the iTude are of the last-gen style. These days the ear buds are sexy and curved. Plus according to just about everyone a whole heck of a lot more comfortable. So, with no price available and the fact that they can be found only on a Japanese website, I won’t be expecting to see these glowing babies around any time soon. That, and I’m not much for the rave scene.

No comments: