Monday, February 12, 2007

Can You Hear Me Now?

Today must be some sort of cellphone extravaganza! I'm sure a little hunting would reveal what the event is exactly, but I don't particularly care all that much. Although, I'm sure there must be something because most of the news posts I've been seeing today are about phones, phones, and phones.

Overall, I'm wildly uninterested, which seemingly shouldn't be the case because I'm stuck with a piece of crap phone for now. The problem is, most of the new shiny phones coming out, are laden with Windows Mobile 6 and I'm a Mac user. So, when it comes time for a new phone, I'll be getting an iPhone or just another non-smartphone. So, I am uninterested in all the sleek new phones coming out that are chock full of WM6.

Sadly, when it comes time for me to get a new phone, (when I escape the grips of Verizon) in a few months, I probably won't be migrating to Apple's new piece of techno-sexiness. Instead of paying a $500 premium, I'll opt for signing away my soul to Verizon yet-again. As much as I would love to have an iPhone and all of it's widescreen iPod functionality, I don't think I'll be able to cope with the switch. As much as I hate Verizon for stripping functionality of phones bare, they really do have the best service in the areas that I frequent. So, when it comes time, I'm sure I'll just be upgrading to yet another non-smartphone. Oh the humanity!

No comments: