Wednesday, May 23, 2007

The Heated Keyboard

As soon as I came across this keyboard I knew it was just stupid enough to be worthy of posting here. V8 Tools, has released a heated keyboard to key your valuable digits nice and toasty in the cold winter months. It boasts “upgraded materials and components inside and out” to keep the innards safe from heat. It’s heating ability is rather impressive. It’s got a three-position switch, Off, Low Heat, and High Heat. Low heat is supposed to maintain normal body heat between 85 F and 90 F, while High cranks out between 95 F and 100 F.


While it’s a clever idea, there really isn’t much use for it indoors. While it’s marketed for use in the shop, office, and at home I don’t see it getting much action any where besides a garage shop. And maybe in the rough terrain of a garage the “upgraded materials” will also help combat the dust and debris. One last thing, it looks horrible. But I guess it would fit in perfectly with the beige boxes that with Windows 98 that dominate shop computers, too bad most of them don’t have USB ports that this thing uses. The good news, is this toasty typing peripheral is moderately priced at $43.59, with available discount for multiple orders at Tooltopia.

[Via Engadget]
[Via Tooltopia]

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just came across your article and thought I would respond. I work in an office that is colder than my preference. I also suffer from Reynaud's Syndrome, which causes ones hands and feet to have reduced circulation. So, my hands and feet are like ice all the time. Wearing gloves while working on the computer doesn't work. I bought one of these and it works great. Also, this would be a great solution for cold loading docks and anywhere a computer is used in a cold location.